PSNews - The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism on January 10 announced the top 10 cultural, sport and tourism events in 2017.
Accordingly, Vietnam's image in the film "Kong: Skull Island" - the first Hollywood blockbuster filmed in Vietnam, has been selected as one of the top cultural events in Vietnam.
In 2017, "Kong: Skull Island" was filmed mainly in the world's cultural and natural heritages in Vietnam. The film screening has helped realize Vietnam’s policy of promoting the country’s image through movies. This has also opened opportunity for Vietnam to become an international filmmaking studio.
|A scene from the film "Kong: Skull Island".
The other nine outstanding cultural, sport and tourism events in 2017 including:
- Xoan singing of Phu Tho and the art of Bai Choi in central Vietnam have been recognized by UNESCO as the Intangible Cultural Heritages of Humanity.
- Impression of the “Russian Cultural Days in Vietnam”
- The successful performance of the Vietnamese sport delegation at SEA Games 29
- Vietnam’s female football team crowned SEA Games champions for the 5th time.
- Impressive records of the Vietnamese Athletic Team in 2017
- Record growth in number of foreign visitors.
- 2017 Law on Tourism has been adopted with new ideas to bolster tourism development.
- The Politburo approved a Resolution on developing tourism into the country’s spearhead economic sector.
- Vietnam’s tourism sector has won many prestigious awards of the United Nations World Tourism Organization.
In 2017, the organizers received 64 nominations, including 42 cultural nominations; 11 sport nominations and 11 travel nominations.
On January 9, at the headquarters of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism more than 150 journalists nationwide have voted the top 10 cultural, sport and tourism events of 2017. The event "Xoan singing of Phu Tho and the art of Bai Choi in central Vietnam recognized by UNESCO as the Intangible Cultural Heritages of Humanity" was selected by a large majority with 126 votes.By An Nhien