Vietnamese Ambassador to Thailand Nguyen Hai Bang visited and offered comfort to 13 Vietnamese who were injured when a fire broke out inside the Ratchathewi Apartment in Bangkok on early April 3.
The Vietnamese victims, who were sent to four hospitals in Bangkok, are getting better and two of them were discharged from the hospitals.
The fire occurred at about 2:30 am on April 3. The flames quickly engulfed the seventh floor of the 30-year-old Ratchathewi Apartment, where some 30 Vietnamese, mostly students, live, in a lane on Phetchaburi street and later spread to the upper floors.
|Some 13 Vietnamese were injured when a fire broke out inside the Ratchathewi Apartment in Bangkok on early April 3. (Photo: Khaosodenglish/VNA)
At least three people were killed and about 60 others were injured in the fire.
Two out of the three dead were identified not Vietnamese while the remaining’s identify remains unknown.
The Embassy of Vietnam to Thailand said they continue to keep a close watch on the case, get regular updates from local authorities, and take necessary steps to protect Vietnamese citizens.
Thai authority suspected that a short circuit might have caused the fire.VNA