PSNews – The Cao Bang Provincial People's Committee has proposed to build Dong Dang (Lang Son Province) - Tra Linh (Cao Bang Province) Expressway in the form of Public–Private Partnership (PPP) with total investment of nearly 21,000 billion VND.
According to the proposal, 64% of the total investment will be funded by the investor and lenders in the form of credit while the State Budget will be responsible for the remaining 36%.
The 115 km expressway will run from the Tra Linh Border Gate in Cao Bang to Lang Son Province’s Dong Dang Town. Under the design, it will have 4 lanes, and the construction will last from 2019 to 2022.A proposed toll is 1,500 VND per standard car per kilometer at the starting point when the project is finished. With the toll rate, the investment of the project is expected to be reimbursed after 25 years.
The Cao Bang Provincial People's Committee proposed the Government to assign a competent authority to appraise the project while also asked the Ministry of Transport to advise the Prime Minister to implement the project in the PPP form.
The Cao Bang Provincial People's Committee also requested the Prime Minister to direct the State Bank of Vietnam to assign the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam to evaluate and appraise the funding for the Dong Dang - Tra Linh Expressway Project.
Currently, an expressway connecting Hanoi and Lang Son Province’s Huu Nghi Border Gate is under construction and expected to be completed by 2020. Thus, the continued construction of the Dong Dang (Lang Son Province) - Tra Linh (Cao Bang Province) Expressway Project is one of the best solutions to help Cao Bang province to resolve infrastructural bottlenecks in the locality and to create a momentum for the province’s development in the coming time.By Thien Minh