General To Lam, Member of the Politburo and Minister of Public Security, on March 31 issued Official Dispatch No. 02/CD-BCA-V01 on urgent preventive measures against COVID-19 in the whole Public Security Forces.
|Public Security Forces to take urgent preventive measures against COVID-19
According to the official dispatch, the Minister of Public Security requested heads of public security units and agencies nationwide to immediately implement the following tasks:
1. All public security units and agencies should strictly implement directions and orders of the Party Secretary General, the Prime Minister and the Minister of Public Security on prevention and control of COVID-19 as well as coordinate with concerned authorities to ensure security and social order amid the COVID-19 epidemic.
2. Heads of public security units and agencies should strictly follow Directive No. 16/CT-TTg of the Prime Minister on urgent preventive measures against COVID-19 and, based on their functions and duties, perform the following tasks:
- Public security units and agencies across the country should arrange their forces into working shifts and urge their officers and soldiers to strictly follow social distancing and quarantine regulations in 15 days from April 1.
- The police forces should only work with citizens at their offices in case of emergency.
- The police forces should promptly detect and strictly handle violations of Directive No. 16/CT-TTg as well as crimes related to COVID-19 in accordance with the Criminal Code and Official Notice No. 45/TANDTC-PC issued on March 30 by the Supreme People's Court.
- The local police forces should continue to strictly manage people entering Vietnam since March 8 who have not yet been quarantined as well as make a list of people who have direct contact with COVID-19 patients, and report the results to the Steering Committees for COVID-19 Prevention and Control at all levels for timely quarantine.
-The authorities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City should coordinate with the health sector and functional forces to control the spread of Covid-19 from Hanoi-based Bach Mai General Hospital and Ho Chi Minh City-based Buddha Bar. They should make a list of people related to the infected workers at Truong Sinh Company and quickly take measures to quarantine all possible infected cases.
-The police forces should further control the immigration as well as strictly manage the residence of foreigners in order to prevent the spread of the disease into the country.
The police forces should also deploy police officers to protect quarantine zones while closely coordinating with military units and the health sector to detect and quarantine COVID-19 patients and suspects. They should strictly handle cases of spreading false information on the pandemic and actively crack down on crimes, especially theft, smuggling and production of fake medical stuffs and supplies.By Minh Thien