HCMC police strengthens inspection at COVID-19 checkpoints

20:07 20/07/2021
PSNews – In the past few days, a working group of the HCMC Police Department, led by Deputy Director Major General Tran Duc Tai, has inspected COVID-19 prevention and control at some checkpoints in District 5, Phu Nhuan, Go Vap, and Binh Chanh.

At each checkpoint, the working group inspected the actual deployment of forces, means and logistics equipment as well as the cooperation between functional forces, and requested on-duty police officers and soldiers to strictly observe the discipline, regulations of working style and manner, and code of conduct of the Public Security Forces.

During the inspections, Major General Tran Duc Tai highly appreciated the responsibility and effort of the local police force, and hoped that the on-duty HCMC police officers and soldiers would coordinate effectively with other forces at COVID-19 checkpoints to successfully fulfill the important political tasks.

Last week, a mission of the Youth Union chapter and the Women’s Union chapter of the HCMC Police Department visited, encouraged and presented many gifts and essentials to the on-duty forces at the Long Thanh - Dau Giay checkpoint, the Hospital 30-4 under the Ministry of Public Security, and the HCMC Police Hospital.

On July 15, Mr. Huynh Cach Mang, Vice Chairman of the HCMC Party Committee’s Organization Board visited the HCMC Police Department. He highly valued the efforts and contribution of the HCMC police force to the implementation of the dual task of controlling the COVID-19 and maintaining security and order in the city.

On July 17, a delegation led by Colonel To Quoc Hong, Deputy Head of the Party and Political Work Division under the HCMC Police Department visited and presented 50 million VND to Major Colonel Pham Chien Dau, a police officer of the Phu Trung District Police Ward, Tan Phu District.

Earlier, Major Colonel Pham Chien Dau was infected with COVID-19 while carrying out his tasks in Tan Phu District on June. Thanks to the Cho Ray Hospital’s doctors’ support, he gradually recovered and was discharged from hospital on July 11. 

By An Nhien