Public Security Forces asked to actively respond to storm Conson
The Office of the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) on September 7 sent a dispatch to various public security agencies and units requesting them to take appropriate measures to Storm Conson.
The dispatch was sent to the Steering Committee for Climate Change, Natural Disaster Prevention and Control, and Search and Rescue under the Ministry of Public Security, the provincial/municipal police departments of coastal provinces from Quang Ninh to Binh Thuan and all northern provinces, as well as the Mobile Police Command, the Police Department of Fire and Rescue, the Traffic Police Department, and the Police Department of Prison, Detention Center and Juvenile Reformatory Management.
The dispatch reads:
To effectively respond to the upcoming storm in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the MPS asks all above-mentioned units to:
- Strictly implement orders, dispatches issued by the Government, the Central Steering Committee for Disaster Prevention, the Office of the National Committee for Search and Rescue, as well as directions of the MPS and local authorities on the response to the 8th storm and the storm’s consequence relief.
- Closely monitor developments of the storm and related dangerous weather phenomena via the mass media to map appropriate responses to the situations.
- Enhance media coverage on the Public Security Forces’ efforts in saving people from dangerous weather phenomena and supporting disaster-hit people to overcome consequences. Meanwhile, leaders of the participating units should ensure safety for the officers and soldiers working at disaster-hit areas.
- Ensure security and order in localities, prepare forces and means for rescue missions upon request, direct traffic forces to support people and vehicles in water-logged road sections and dangerous areas, and protect people and assets.
- Response to the storm should be implemented in parallel with prevention and combat of the COVID-19 pandemic.